Proper AC maintenance can protect your air conditioner and save you time and money long-term. Plus, if you’ve ever been in a hot environment where there’s no working AC, you know what an inconvenience that can be – especially in places with high temperatures, like sunny Arizona.
A lack of AC maintenance is one of the top causes for a failed air conditioner. With the harsh conditioning your AC goes through during the summer and beyond, it’s important to make sure your unit is well-tuned.
Whether you have an air conditioner at home or use one to keep customers cool at your business, it’s a good idea to have an AC maintenance schedule in place to keep yours working in prime condition all year-round. We recommend scheduling AC maintenance at least once a year to check that everything’s working properly and to test the components of your unit.
Why Do You Need AC Maintenance?
As the United States Department of Energy points out, when you don’t maintain an AC unit, its performance can steadily decline. That means you might encounter problems like:
- Your AC unit will have to work harder to cool off a space, which results in higher energy use and a higher energy bill for you.
- When air conditioning coils and filters aren’t cleaned regularly and become dirty, the AC unit could fail to work properly.
- A lack of maintenance could cause the AC fans or compressor to malfunction or fail. That may result in more costly repair.
- A broken AC unit could impact your business or force your family to come up with alternative cooling solutions while you’re waiting for AC repair.
- A faulty AC unit could also damage other parts of your home or business. For example, excess moisture due to a clogged condensate drain could discolor your walls or carpet.
To protect your indoor temperature and the state of your indoor space, it’s vital that your AC unit works properly.
What’s Involved with AC Maintenance?
Your air conditioner is a complex machine with many parts and components. An AC maintenance schedule will inspect and address parts like the following.
- Air conditioner filters: Clogged, dirty filters can increase AC energy consumption by up to 15%. Routine replacement or cleaning of the filters can optimize airflow and the AC unit’s efficiency.
- Air conditioner coils: The air conditioner coils absorb heat. They can also collect dirt, which reduces airflow and makes it harder for the coils to work efficiently. Regular cleaning of debris and dirt enable adequate airflow.
- Coil fins: Aluminum coil fins on an AC unit can bend easily, which blocks airflow when that happens. AC maintenance involves combing the fins back into place for optimal airflow.
- Condensate drain: The AC unit’s drain channels can get clogged, which prevents the unit from reducing humidity. That can result in excess moisture in your space.
In addition to inspecting and maintaining these parts, at Falcon Air Conditioning, our AC maintenance schedule also includes the following tasks.
Inspect & Perform
- Inspect exterior for signs of damage
- Inspect and tighten electrical connections
- Lubricate serviceable bearings
Inspect & Document
- Voltage to compressors and fan motors
- Amperage to compressors and fan motors
- Operation of reversing valve (if any)
- Circuit boards/operating controls
- Refrigerant pressures
- Temperature split (supply/return air)
- Blower wheel condition
- Fan blade condition
- Thermostat operation
- Gas heating components (if any/winter only)
- Defrost controls (winter only)
At the end of the inspection, we may alert you to AC repairs we recommend to ensure your air conditioner works correctly, as well as repair prices. You’ll get the option to proceed with those repairs on the spot, so you can get your AC back up and running and save time in the process.
Need AC Maintenance? Contact Falcon Air Conditioning
At Falcon Air Conditioning, we know how important working AC is, especially in the Arizona desert. Our experienced team will help you maintain your AC so that it works perfectly, all year-round. Call 480-813-3613 for AC maintenance or schedule AC maintenance online.